With Halloween coming up, we thought it would be cool to put together a list of some of the most anticipated horror films.
1. "Halloween" - The reboot finds Jamie Lee Curtis returning to her iconic role as Laurie Strode as she takes on Michael Myers one last time. The story will take place four decades after the events of the original film. You can catch it in theaters this Friday (October 19).
2. "Overlord" - This movie is a war/horror film that focus on American soldiers caught behind enemy lines after D-Day. The paratroopers not only have to fight Nazi soldiers, but creatures that were created through Nazi experiments. You can catch it in theaters on November 9, 2018.
3. "Anna And The Apocalypse" - This is a bit of an odd one, because it's basically a zombie musical. It focuses on a woman named Anna and her friends who must fight the undead during the holidays. You can catch it in select theaters on November 30, 2018. It will open in further theaters on December 7, 2018.
4. "Happy Death Day 2U" - This one serves as the sequel to 2017's "Happy Death Day." That movie focused on a sorority girl, played by Jessica Rothe, who had to relive the same day over again until she could solve her murder. Rothe will be reprising her role for the new film. You can catch it in theaters on Valentine's Day (February 14, 2019).
5. "The New Mutants" - The "X-Men" related film is a mutant horror movie that focuses on young mutants that are just discovering their powers while trapped in a secret facility. They will fight to escape the past and save themselves. You can catch it in theaters on August 2, 2019.
6. "3 From Hell" - Rob Zombie's latest film will serve as a sequel to “The Devil’s Rejects.” The plot is still unknown, but the singer has teased it at live shows and a 2019 release is expected.
7. "Us" - Like "Get Out", this one is a social horror thriller. Not much is known about it, but considering Jordan Peele's success with "Get Out", many have been looking forward to see what he comes out with next. You can catch it in theaters on March 15, 2019.
8. "Pet Sematary" - The Stephen King classic is being adapted for the big screen once again. It will hit theaters on April 5, 2019 and it promises to prove once and for all that "sometimes dead is better."
9. "It: Chapter 2" - With the success of the first film, it is no wonder why audiences are clamoring for this one. The movie will cover the second half of the Stephen King novel in which The Losers’ Club return to Derry 27 years later to take on Pennywise once again. You can catch it in theaters on September 6, 2019.
10. "Zombieland 2" - The original cast will be reuniting for the sequel to the 2009 comedy horror. The film promises to "once again put the focus on comic mayhem, taking the quartet from the White House to the American heartland as they face off against new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first movie, as well as some new human survivors.” You can catch it in theaters on October 11, 2019.